Friday, December 08, 2006

Quiet Winter Meetings

The winter meetings came and went with nothing on the Brewer front. While the names of Jenkins, Mench and Turnbow came up in multiple rumors, either no team was willing to commit or Melvin is holding out for something better. I assume the prior. I decision about Mench will need to be made soon, as the non-tender date is fast approaching (Dec. 12th).

The only recent news has been that Graffy was offered and accepted arbitration. Melvin insists that the Brewers want to bring back Cirillo as well, which would put the Brewers in the odd position of having 8 infielders on the 25 man roster (Hall will most likely end up in the outfield, as it stands). My guess is that Graffy will be traded before the season started, or at least that's what Melvin is banking on. I guess we'll see.

I've been pretty underwelmed by the off season moves so far but there's still a long way to go....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The non-tender date this year is 12/12.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russ - any chance you could put together your list of projected players by position?

You follow the Brewers closer than most.

What spots are still open? Turnbow is gonna be the setup man?

2:23 PM  
Blogger rluzinski said...

Thanks. Fixed.

9:37 AM  
Blogger rluzinski said...

After the oufield is a little more clear, I'll put up my projected lineup. I think Melvin will be non-tendered tomorrow and Jenkins may be traded shortly after.

I think Turnbow needs a good spring just to stay on the team, if he's not traded before then.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home